Wednesday 7 March 2012

Proud of You


    The song uses excellent appeal to pathos. The content is describing the company of a beloved person. This person can be our lover, parents or friends – it depends on the mood when we are listing the song. The vocabularies and grammars used in the song are very easy, the message it conveys are also very simple:

Wishing once upon the time
Give me love make me smile
Till the end of life
Hold me up, hold me tight
Lift me up to touch the sky

These words are portraying a beautiful dream that everyone may once have in their lives. It can easily recall the memory of childhood of the audience, and build up a warm and fragment picture. In addition to the content of the song, the voice of the singer sounds like a child, too -- pure and innocent. There’s nothing complex in this song, no matter it’s the lyrics or the melody, but just these simple things that deeply touched people’s hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, as you said the writer is seeking to rouse audiences emotions. You are right, the simple words can easily comprehend so that audiences feel have connections with this song. The audiences might image or recall their special moment while listening this lovely song and there is feeling just hit the position of their heart. The writer's task is accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the song. It is beautiful. I really agree with Karen because as a audience, I think I was attracted by the words and music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally agree with you. And the girl's voice is so pure that it reminds me of a lot of memories

    ReplyDelete